Beekeeping is an art that involves science and technique. We know that the job of a beekeeper is not an easy one. You need to know every small detail and information from production to extraction of honey. You might not know, but one of the most important things before extracting honey is to know about the water content in the honey.
The freshness of honey is determined by the water content it has. The lesser the water content better the honey. Remember that the water content should be in the right amount, neither too high nor too little. If the water content is too high, honey will turn acidic, whereas if the water content is too low, your honey will crystallize. So, it is not wrong to say that your honey quality highly depends on the right water content and nutrient.
Earlier, it wasn’t easy to measure the water content, but now you have the right equipment to measure water content and honey quality thanks to technological development.
This article will talk about the Round Square Beekeeper Honey Refractometer and how it changed the world of beekeeping completely. After going through many refractometers, we have come up with a Round Square Beekeeper Honey Refractometer, which is portable and convenient to use.
What is a Round Square Beekeeper Honey Refractometer?
Round Square Beekeeper honey refractometer is one of those devices used to measure the liquid solution concentration. It is one of the best products which is used by beekeepers and the food industry.
This device helps us in determining the freshness of the honey as well as jam or jelly. It is quite easy to use, and you can buy it in the most affordable range. Keep reading the article to get an idea about how a Round Square beekeeper honey refractometer works and why we need it.
How to use Round Square beekeeper honey refractometer?
Round Square beekeeper honey refractometer is not only good for honey but is also used to test the quality of jelly, jam, and maple syrup. Its application is quite easy and convenient. You need to follow the following steps:
- To begin with, place two to three drops of liquid sample on the prism.
- After that, cover the prism with a daylight plate and use an eyepiece to check the result.
- Check the reading through the eyepiece. The measuring range is generally from 58 to 90% Brix at a resolution of 0.15%
You don’t need to panic as they provide a manual giving specific information about its usage and calibration. If you get stuck, then there is a reference solution as well. The only thing that you need to take care of is to collaborate your refractometer right before usage. You have to do this process once in a few months, and it doesn’t require much effort.
How to maintain your Round Square Beekeeper Honey Refractometer?
The refractometer is quite easy to maintain. When you buy Round Square Beekeeper Honey Refractometer, you get a storage box to keep it safe. When it comes to the prism, you need to cover it well and keep it safe when you do not use it. Do not make and scratches as it will interfere with your reading. Keep your refractometer clean and dry. Clean the prism with a lens tissue after using it to avoid inaccurate reading.
Why choose Round Square Beekeeper Honey Refractometer?
Round Square beekeeper refractometer has the following points that make it unique equipment for beekeepers:
- It contains a portable content tester, which helps you to check honey quality.
- The package includes a pipette, a cleaning cloth, a screwdriver, and a storage box.
- It has automatic temperature compensation (ATC), which helps you get results easier and faster.
- There is a manual that is quite easy to understand and guides you well.
- It has three different scales, depending on what liquid you are going to measure. There is a measuring range of 58 to 90% Brix.
- It is quite portable, and you can carry it anywhere.
- This device is quite reasonable.
Why do you need a refractometer?
A refractometer is designed to measure water content in the liquid. This tool works on the refractive indices of the liquid, which change with the moisture content. This device is one of the most important devices used nowadays.
- It helps to keep a check on the quality of the liquid.
- Researchers use a refractometer to identify a liquid sample and its purity.
- The refractometer is commonly used in the food industry and beverage industry. It measures oil, fat, or sugar content.
- Gemmologist use it to identify the gemstones.
- This device helps determine the specific gravity of the beer.
- The ones who have aquariums use it to test the salinity of water in the fish tank.
- It is also used in the laboratory to check the sample’s purity investigation, identity, and composition. It also determines the characteristics of the substance.
A honey refractometer is a must-have tool for all those who produce and sell honey. If you are planning to start a commercial harvesting honey business, you need to have this tool. It is quite inexpensive and easy to learn. So, don’t waste your time; hurry up and buy Round Square Beekeeper Honey Refractometer.