Even with alternative methods of drying clothes such as the use of dry cleaning machines, an eco-friendly clothesline for every other day use is worth giving a try. But what is a cloth line, you may want to ask.
Well, it is a stretch of rope or wire that you attach between two endpoints. The endpoints serve as support-which could be a pole or a concrete wall. Now, depending on the type of line you need, it is noteworthy that there are many variants in the market from which to choose the best.
For example, some cloth lines have a pulley system and others do not. Thus, choosing the right one for you is always going to depend on your taste and preference. Moreover, before you can hang your clothes on a line to dry, you must understand that each brings a unique experience to your laundry.
You may want to compare a few options before deciding on what to put money on; a rotary or umbrella cloth line, which is why you’ve landed here.
Do I Need DIY Washing Lines?
Is it possible to have a DIY washing line? The answer is yes! You can opt for a DIY cloth line. Make one at home by assembling locally available materials. Fromscratchmag.com guides and walks you through the best outdoor clotheslines.
Our main aim is to help shoppers looking for the best drying lines put money on something worth taking home. After doing homework and researching far and wide, we, therefore, handpicked the best ones for you as follows:
Clotheslines: Our Top Picks and Reviews
Household Essentials 17140-Rotary Outdoor Umbrella Drying Rack, 30-Lines-182 Feet, Steel
Umbrella clotheslines are some of the most popular in homes. However, you shouldn’t just put money on anything because it looks fancy. To help you make the right decision, we tested a few products from Household Essentials.
The company’s 17140 umbrella variant caught our attention. It is not only an outdoor vinyl line but also long enough to accommodate lots of laundries.
With a length measuring up to 182 feet, you couldn’t have asked for something better. A rotating top makes Household Essential 17140 an easy-to-access cloth line. Other features that make it an outstanding choice for buyers looking for value include:
- It is a ready-to-install package, thanks to open-close single action functionality.
- If you are looking for something that will last it worthwhile providing you with unmatched laundry experience, Household Essential 17140 is worth the money. It features steel galvanization, giving it protection from rust.
- With this line measuring 71 inches (h) x 72 inches (w) x 72 inches (d), you get value for your money.
Make no mistake when you go out shopping for a suitable drying line. Make sure to find befitting answers to questions you might have. In this case, we scoured the web for vital information, including questions buyers ask about Household Essential 17140. For example, can you trust the buyer?
The good news is that Household essentials from which 17140 drying line comes, is a trustworthy and reliable brand, having been around for years now. If you are shipping internationally, you can always reach support via a helpline.
But for those who want to inquire more about orders, installation or operation, you can book a one-on-one audience with the company regardless.
- Household Essential 17140 comes with a 1-year product warranty, the more reason why we recommend it.
- It weighs 14.99 pounds, hence portable for use anywhere within your homestead.
- By putting money on this cloth line, you are also signing up for something durable and strong. It supports a huge load of the wash without snapping or sagging.
Brabantia Lift-O-Matic Rotary Dryer Clothes Line-164 Feet, 310942
You wouldn’t be wrong to conclude that a good drying line can only come from the best manufacturer. With our review of the best clotheslines, we wanted to give you as many options as possible.
While Brabantia Lift-O-Matic rotary line measures 164 feet, less than Household Essential 17140, it is also worth the money based on our evaluation. A length of up to 164 feet isn’t only generous for your laundry, but the fact that you can stretch it to maximum tensile strength is also a plus.
Moreover, weighing 13-pounds, Brabantia Lift-O-Matic hanging line is portable for use anywhere. It has an umbrella system that opens into three different lines for maximum strength upon hanging clothes.
An adjustable working height of up to 74 inches from 50 adds to its usefulness. You can be sure of the best-air-dried clothes with these features. There are many more reasons to choose this clothesline such as:
- It is ideal for drying bedding and cushions.
- If you have delicate laundry, Brabantia Lift-O-Matic hanging line is the best, thanks to holes on its arms that make it possible to use hangers.
- It comes with a metal spike for anchoring on your garden, saving you the time you would have spent digging up support holes.
- Brabantia Lift-O-Matic cloth line is one of the most affordable choices for money in leading e-commerce stores.
- It supports loads of laundry, including wet ones such as duvet and linens.
Household Essentials 17145-1 Retractable 5-line dryer
After doing our homework on drying lines, we were more than convinced that products from Household Essentials are some of the best out there. Hence, our third choice for this review is 17145-1 retractable line is also from the same company. It is ideal for use indoors and outdoors.
Buyers looking for a line on which they hang both wet and dry clothes should put money on Household Essentials 17145-1. With lines extending to 34 feet height and drying space spanning across 170 feet, you have lots of space for loads of laundry. There are more reasons why you should put money on this product, and they include:
- A larger housing dimension measuring 6.5 inches (l) x 36.5 inches (w) x 8 inches (d) makes 17145-1 worth the money.
- Using 17145-1 means your clothes will be hanging safely above ground, thanks to a tightening knob, leaving giving it a taut tensile strength.
- It comes with an aluminum casing for protection against rust.
- The company from which it comes provides buyers with a 1-year product warranty.
- Weighing 10.3 pounds, 17145-1 cloth line from Household Essentials allows for portability, hence usable anywhere in your compound.
Household Essentials 17120-1 Rotary Outdoor Umbrella Drying Rack, 12-Lines measuring 165 feet with aluminum steel post and arms.
According to our research, most homesteaders seem to have fallen in love with clotheslines from Household Essentials. You can make this judgment too by looking at thousands of reviews and ratings on leading e-commerce stores. It is no surprise, therefore, that the company’s 17120-2-which slightly varies from the above, also makes it to this list. Thus, if you are looking for reasons why you should put money on it, they include the following:
- It features 12 vinyl lines measuring up to 165 feet, hence lots of space for heavy laundry.
- A rotary top on this umbrella dryer means you can easily access the lines for use at any time.
- Aluminum galvanization protects 17120-2 from rusting.
- Moreover, putting money on this item means you in for a secure laundry drying experience. It is all thanks to a strong steel rack and arms.
- You can fix the dryer’s pole to a ground sleeve, which is convenient for most users or dig a support hole altogether. We recommend the former because during bad weather such as winter, taking it down becomes easy.
Household Essentials cloth line 17120-2 is not only affordable but also comes with a warranty of up to 1 year. Thus, buyers will not spend a dime repairing and maintain their purchase for straight 12 months.
BESy Adjustable and Retractable clothesline, Self Adhesive dryer with wall mount/glue/screws, ABS Case, Aluminum line-13.8 Feet
If you are looking for one of the most affordable drying lines, BESy adjustable and retractable is the cheapest one so far in this review. But apart from it being affordable, you may want to ask this question: Is it worth the money? Should you place an order for it? Well, fromscratchmag.com always strives to bring you the best when it comes to reviewing products.
After weighing into several options, 13.8 feet adjustable cloth line from BESy beats many in the market hands down because of the following reasons:
- It can hold up to 44 pounds or 20 kilograms worth of clothing weight.
- Gift this cloth line to a loved one this season and you will help solve their worries about where to hang clothes. It is ideal for bathing suits, blouses, small towels, baby clothes and other clothing you might want to hang on it.
- It comes with aluminum protective ABS casing, hence putting money on this line equally means it last longer while delivering a valuable laundry drying experience.
- You can use it anywhere, indoors or outdoors. And when not in use, you can stow it for easy storage.
- Moreover, BESy retractable line is drill-free, thanks to glue fitting. See manufacturer details for directions on how to use it
BESy has amazing after-sales service. You can contact the manufacturer any time and day for advice on this product. Buyers are also able to claim a full refund within 30 days.
Moreover, weighing only 1.26 pounds, you not only have a cheap line but also one of the most lightweight. It is beautiful and easy to install. For those who have a big backyard, BESy adjustable cloth line is worth the money.
Household Essentials Outdoor Clothesline with 3-inch diameter T-Post
A good drying line for hanging wet laundry should provide you with maximum space. With our next line from Household Essentials measuring 86 inches high, 46 inches wide and 3 inches deep, you’ve got the best item for the money.
At 86 inches high t-post setup, your laundry is going to be one of the best experiences. Among other reasons why you may want to order this line include:
- Its T-post has an aluminum coating to guard against rust, a feature that extends to its cross and vertical bars.
- It comes with 5 eyelet screws for easy installation onto concrete support. If you any questions regarding this clothing line or would like.
- It is relatively affordable, not to mention that a weigh of 17.2 gives it stability upon installation.
Household Essentials 2050 Steel T-Post clothesline
Household Essentials for the umpteenth time remains a top choice for most homesteaders looking to put money on the best product. Apart from the fact that the company has wide-ranging products which return value for your money, it also manufactures top-quality household accessories. In this case, we look at it T-Post 2050 with a towering installation height of 90 inches.
We reviewed many of its features and everything about this T-post clothesline is amazing. They include:
- Two-inch thick lines for air drying clothes, which are notwithstanding well spaced.
- Steel galvanization of the T-post ensures its longevity and stability after installation on a concrete ground.
- It is affordable, yet returns value for your money.
- It weighs 10 pounds, making it easily portable to the installation point.
- Buyers enjoy a 1-year product warranty.
HAWATOUR Portable Travel Elastic Clothesline, 12 pieces, Adjustable with clothespins for outdoor and indoor use
The last clothesline in our review is a rather unique one, but the cheapest so far. HAWATOUR, which is the manufacturer, gives you every reason to hope for dry clothes even if you are in transit. It is the perfect choice for campers who would wish to air dry their clothes away from home.
Moreover, if you are looking for a clothesline that supports all sorts of apparel, HAWATOUR with 12 pieces of clips/pins is worth giving a try. The pins mean your clothes will not slide after hanging them on the line. In the, you have an assurance that dry clothes will smell fresh and feel good on your body.
Since it is portable, low cost and weighs on 2.4, HAWATOUR Portable Travel Elastic Clothesline is a worthy addition to your camping backpack. Travelers, hikers, bikers, fishermen and swimmers need it too.
There are more reasons for putting money on this item and they include:
- The package comes with steel hooks on both ends, attachable anywhere such as the balcony, boat, hotel, bathroom, and any other places.
- HAWATOUR Portable Travel Elastic Clothesline is stretchable to 10 feet because of its elasticity.
If you have any questions, we attempt to answer as many of them as possible hereafter. Take a look.
Q: What Factors Should You Consider When Buying Washing Lines?
A: Many factors play significance when choosing a clothesline. They include:
- Tensile strength and elasticity: Don’t risk putting money on a weak line which hardly stretches because it can snap anytime, plunging your clothes onto the ground.
- A brand is another factor we took into consideration, something that often puts buyers in conflict with varying interests. We advise, as is the case with this review fromscatchmag.com, that you stick to trusted brands. Manufacturers that have a history in producing quality washing lines will hardly disappoint. However, you shouldn’t shy away from trying new brands.
- Length of a drying line is another vital factor to consider if you want value for your money. The longer a rope is the more convenient and accommodating it is for your laundry.
- You may also want to consider the pricing of the above washing lines, and it often depends on how much money you are willing to spend.
- Product warranty will always play a part in choosing a product, and that remains so even when it comes to buying a rope for hanging wet/dry laundry outdoor.
Q: What Are The Different Types Of Clotheslines?
A: There are many different types of washing lines. Let’s take look at the most popular ones.
- Retractable lines, which makes up part of our reviews above. They are modern, and with a shape like a cabinet. In the cabinet, there often 4 to 5 retractable lines, mountable on both ends.
- Rotary lines are another variant. They have a fixed but rotating head and very popular among millions of homeowners. Rotary lines are robust and strong, hence can support loads of laundry.
- Folding frame drying rack (fold down) is also a variety of washing lines, which are notwithstanding very popular. But while they do not occupy a lot of space (minimalist), fold down drying lines have the limitation of size, hence not ideal for use in large families.
Here at Scratch Magazine, we always want the best for our readers. Therefore, after scouring the web and putting together this review about the eight best outdoor washing lines, we hope you’ve finally landed the best for the money.
We made sure to cover wide-ranging issues, which include the needs and necessities of buyers.
Thus, bearing in mind the above factors, including answers to questions buyers ask, 17145-1 retractable line from Household Essentials is our top choice any day. HAWATOUR Portable Travel Elastic Clothesline follows closely in the second position given its versatility and portability.
Well, we hope you enjoyed reading this review fromscratmag.com. Share your views, rating, opinions, and questions in the comment section below.
Moreover, remember to help your friends and family members find the best drying lines for laundry by sharing this post across social media.