If you are a beginner or expert clothing and accessories designer, you might want to consider this review. In this post, we did an in-depth review of this perfect tool, the Brother CS6000i sewing machine.
The computerized sewing machine comes loaded with features that makes using it a breeze for beginners. With this machine, you can sew and create quilts thanks to its 60 built-in stitches.
It features a wide table, hardcover for portability, 7 styles of 1-step auto-size buttonholes, LCD display and an auto needle threader. If you buy Brother, a household name you bought quality.
This machine will truly bring out your style and make you relish what you do. Do read further to discover the features and accessories loaded in this machine.
The Product – CS6000i Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
The CS6000i comes out of the shelf to make you start sewing quickly. Its series of automatic features make its use seamless to every beginner. Also, it includes advanced features that grow with you as your skills develop with time.
With the CS6000i, you can do only so much. You can create beautiful decorative stitches on clothes, craft pretty buttonholes on shirts, jackets and trousers, and sew zippers on different types of skirts. Be creative, make virtually invisible seams with the blind stitch foot that comes with the machine.
Engineered for ease of use, this Brother product comes with a printed Quick Start guide and complete instruction manuals in English and Spanish. It also includes an instructional DVD (a bilingual user manual). Backed with a 25-year limited warranty and free technical support, you have peace of mind with this purchase.
With the CS6000i, your creative spirit comes to life. Dream all you want and let this extremely affordable but packed machine make it happen.
Here we considered all the many features that make the CS6000i a useful and unique sewing and quilting machine.
The features include:
- User-Friendly Features: The CS6000i’s design makes for easy use. The buttons are placed where they can easily be seen which makes for easy selection.
- LCD Display Stitch Selector: The LCD display stitch selector of the machine shows all in-built stitches from which to choose. To select your desired stitch, just press the button and choose from the display on the screen.
- Easy Threading: Threading has never been so easy. With this machine, you just follow the instruction on the machine to have it threaded in no time.
- Adjusting Sewing Speed: You can sew and quilt at your own speed. The speed adjustment makes the machine perfect for beginners and experts. Simply slide the stitch speed to the desired speed on the machine and you are on your way.
- Automatic Needle Threader: With just a touch of the lever on the side of the machine, the CS6000i automatically pushes the thread right through the needle.
- Oversized Table: Your large projects and quilts can be done seamlessly with the large table of the CS6000i. Its oversized table has the extra space needed to maneuver easily while you create quilts and space demanding project.
- Super Bright Work Area: To enhance the visibility of the work area, this sewing machine comes with super bright light. The bright light lights up the work area making it easy to work on dark fabrics and cloths.
- Seamless Bobbin Winding: Bobbin winding this machine is a lot easier for beginners. With the step-by-step illustration on the machine, you will know for sure where to place the thread.
- Built-In Free Arm for Sewing Cuffs and Sleeves: Make trouser legs on kids’ clothing, sleeves, and other smaller cylindrical items like a pro with this perfect tool.
Besides its awesome features, the CS6000i also comes loaded with various accessories that make it extremely useful. The accessories give the sewing machine the versatility needed, and these include:
- Hard Protective Case: This machine features a hard-protective case to shield the machine from mechanical damage and dust when not being used. The case also makes it easy to transport the machine seamlessly making it an awesome traveling sewing machine.
- Sewing and Quilting Feet: Sewing and quilt making becomes easy with this Brother product. There are eight different sewing and quilting feet in the accessories collection to make such great decorative designs. In alphabetic order, here are the feet:
- Blind stitch foot
- Button sewing foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Monogramming foot
- Overcasting foot
- Spring action quilting foot
- Walking foot
- Zipper foot
Brother Industries Limited happens to be the manufacturer of the product under review. The company was established by Kanekichi Yasui in the year 1908 as Yasui Sewing Machine Co. in Nagoya, Japan.
Today the company has metamorphosed through time to the Brother Group with expanded business to well over 40 countries and regions.
The company began by repairing sewing machines and has since been growing by focusing on their own technological development. They further expanded by diversifying their businesses and continual cultivation of new markets.
The company today manufactures various products that meet changing customers need for more than 100 years.
Among their products include computer printers, multi-function printers, desktop computer fax machines, industrial sewing machines, electronic typewriters, knitting machines, domestic appliances, and machine tools. Read more here.
Here we have some information that would be useful to you in buying yourself this sewing machine:
|Number of pieces||1|
|Warranty||25 years limited parts; 1-year labor|
Extra Presser Feet
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Care & Maintenance Tips
It’s important to know the tips required to keep your machine clean and in tip-top shape. These simple operational maintenance tips are easy yet effective:
Cleaning The Machine Surface
With usage or non-usage, the surface of the machine gets dusty and would need cleaning. For you to rid the surface of the machine of dust, just follow the simple steps below:
- Unplug the power cord of the machine before you start with the cleaning to avoid injuries or electric shock.
- Gently soak a piece of soft cloth in neutral detergent
- Firmly squeeze the cloth out
- Use the moist cloth to wipe the surface of the machine once
- With a dry cloth, wipe the machine surface
Cleaning The Bobbin Case
For your machine to work at optimal capacity the bobbin case must be dust-free. If you allow dust to collect in the case, the sewing performance will be hampered, hence the need for periodical cleaning. Here is the simple maintenance tip for cleaning the bobbin case:
- Disconnect the power cord from the machine before cleaning to prevent injuries or electric shock.
- Lift the needle and the presser foot
- Undo the presser-foot screw and needle clamp screw to remove the presser foot holder and needle.
- Hold both the sides of the needle plate cover and then slide it toward you to remove the needle plate cover.
- Grip the bobbin case and then pull it out to remove it
- Using your machine brush, or a vacuum cleaner get rid of any dust from the race and its surrounding area. Never try to put oil on the bobbin case.
- Re-insert the bobbin case so that the projection on the bobbin case aligns with the spring.
- Put the tabs on the needle plate cover into the needle plate, and then slide the cover back on. Fit the bobbin case perfectly to avoid breaking the needle. Also, avoid using scratched bobbin case else the upper thread may become tangled which may make sewing difficult or even break the needle.
Oil The Machine Regularly
To keep the machine running smoothly you need to oil it regularly. The machine comes with sewing machine oil, apply the oil through the holes in the machine to keep it running unhindered.
Q: Can I use my Brother sewing machine in any country?
A: No. We recommend you only use your machine in countries that support 120V AC. Do not attempt to use it even if you are using a voltage adapter.
Q: Is it possible to make embroideries with this machine?
A: Well, yes. You can use the machine to create embroideries if you have the know-how although it’s not an embroidery machine. You can learn to use the machine to make pretty embroideries by watching free motion embroidery.
Embroidery making machines have the full feature for intricate designs however the CS6000i can do simple designs too.
Q: Can I use my Brother sewing machine to sew leather materials? If yes, can you recommend the needle for this purpose?
A: This Brother product can sew leather and diverse thick materials though with few considerations. Try not to sew materials that are too thick so that the machine does not go out of timing.
We recommend that you use the 90/14 – 100/16 needle for thicker fabrics.
For your intricate or simple sewing projects, you can rely on Brother CS6000i Sewing and Quilting Machine.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced user, this machine will come handy with all your fashion projects. Put your creative minds to work and allow the machine to give your dream wings.
If you love what you read, do not forget to share with others so that they can enjoy what you enjoyed. Also, you can add your comments or questions or rate the post. Thank you.
- 6 Best Sewing Machines for Beginners
- Brother SE400 Vs SE600 Vs SE625: What Works?
- Brother SE400 Sewing and Embroidery Machine Review
How useful was this post?