Although knitting machines are available plenty, buying them online is a tricky activity and process. When you go online shopping, knowing the product’s true quality becomes a little difficult and needs a bit of research. The best idea is to check the reviews and see the ones with the most positive ones and keep the negatives into consideration.
Best knitting machines in 2021
NKOK singer knitting machine: This brand is quite famous for delivering high-quality products. With an official license from Singer, these knitting machines are quite simple and easy to use. The product package includes the knitting machine, tension arm, and a plastic needle for instant use. An instructions manual is provided and detailing how to knit scarves, hats, socks, leg warmers, which is great for beginners and just starting. The Knock Singer Machine is designed and the material used is lightweight. Traveling with this machine is easy, and you don’t require any batteries to operate this machine. It works through the hand crank operation.
- Great for beginners
- Not powered by batteries rather, it uses the hand crank operation
- It includes instruction and assembly manuals
- Licensed by Singer
- This one is designed using cheap and ordinary plastic
- Sometimes it skips stitches
CARON THE ULTIMATE SWEATER MACHINE: Experienced professionals need the best knitting machines for knitting a sweater. The Ultimate Sweater Machine makes for a great choice. It isn’t exactly easy to use for a beginner but can produce beautiful designs and patterns using tools that come with the package. One hundred needles are attached to the knitting, which lets you knit up to 1000 stitches within a minute. This machine can design coats, socks, skirts, cushions, and kids wear as well. Training videos and instructions are provided to help improve their skills.
- This machine works quite efficiently with multiple hand knit yarns
- It can knit up to 1000 stitches per minute
- Great for custom and personalized designs
- Beginners cannot use this machine
- The machine is designed poorly
Power TRC smart Weaver knitting machine: Kids passionate about learning the knitting art should invest in the Power Smart Weaver Knitting Machine. It is designed in a great round shape, which makes it easy to use. The ABS material used provides extra security. It is a great machine for practicing knitting and helps create perfect knits. The company provides great customer service and a money-back guarantee that can be availed if there are any issues with the machine.
- This machine is great for kids
- It is quite simple and easy to use
- Incredible after-sales services
- Not great for professionals
- Sometimes it can skip stitches
Addi express kingsize knitting machine: The Addi Express Kingsize Knitting Machine is super functional and is a great tool for a knitting enthusiast. Apart from its stylish design, different tools are included that helps create perfect knitting designs for customers. The package includes a needle holder, 46 needles, five replacement pins, four base feet, two screw hooks for mounting it on the table, and a digital row counter with memory function. This machine is great for flat and circular knitting and allows us to experiment with different yarn materials.
- It is a quick and fast knitting machine
- Includes all the tools required for knitting
- It is great for flat and circular knitting
- Sometimes it drops stitches randomly, out of the blue
- Not a great choice for professionals.
Bond incredible sweater machine: The machine comes with 100 needles and can knit up to 1000 stitches a minute. It is quite useful for creating full-size sweaters, coats, skirts, and kid’s wear. It can also help produce popular hand knit yarns such as the double knit, sport, worsted, Aran, Chunky, and mohair. The knitting is done quite quickly and offers tons of versatility, making it the ideal choice for all professionals. The Bond Incredible Sweater Machine also includes four key plates and hand tools to create unique and beautiful patterns or designs. With a variety of tutorials available online, this is one of the best knitting machines available.
- It easily supports popular hand knit yarns
- It can knit up to 1000 stitches in a minute
- It is one of the best knitting machines for professionals
- Assembly and installation is a bit difficult
- Not a great knitting machine for beginners
What is a knitting machine?
A knitting machine is usually found in factories, but they can also be used for household purposes. These machines are fun to use and easy to learn. They help in creating beautiful designs and patterns within a short period.
The best knitting machines make knitted fabrics such as blankets, jerseys. The time and effort required to knit are less in comparison to hand knitting. These knitting machines come with three different gauges; the stander gauge used for thin yarns, the mid-gauge used for sport weight, and the bigger ones are for, the heavier yarns.
Features of Best Knitting Machines
Finding the right knitting machine is challenging because there are a variety of brands to choose from. Therefore, there are certain features that you need to consider to make the correct decision for the best knitting machines to buy in 2021.
- Type: The first thing that one needs to keep in mind is the type and kind of knitting machines that works according to your needs and specifications. With the plethora of options available in the market, the list of knitting machines is long. While some can be operated manually, others use a punch card that helps create drawings and designs quite easily. There are also a variety of electronic machines available that work quite quickly and efficiently. They come with software that lets the user adjust the different knit and garment shapes.
- The ability of the Machine: A machine is bought to meet the requirements and demands. The knitting machines come with a gauge that aligns and places all the needles in place. For commercial garments, the standard gauge is about 4 to 5 mm.
- Number of Needles: While the list of top knitting machines is long, not all machines come with a standard set of needles. It depends upon the size as well as the ability of the device. No matter who uses the machine, one needs an adjustable distance between each needle that lets them sew and knit comfortably.
- Accessories: The best knitting machines include accessories that make the device more dynamic and comfortable to use. These can include a replacement pin, an operation manual, or just instructions to assemble the machine. Having these handy things can reduce time and yield quicker results.
- Size and Weight: Another important thing to consider about these knitting machines is the size and weight. Depending on who is using the machine, the weight and size can vary. There are lightweight machines available, and for professionals, industrial knitting machines would be the ideal choice to go for.
- Warranty: If you are looking to buy a product that offers value for money and suits your needs, the warranty should be in place.
- Pricing: This is another important factor that considers the huge variety of best knitting machines available today.
What are the different types of Knitting Machines?
The list of knitting machine includes a variety of machines that are different from each other.
- Circular Knitting Machines: For a circular knitting machine, the needles are positioned on a circular cylinder. The knitting process combines the stitches from all the individual needles. These knitting machines come for both single as well as double jerseys. At the same time, the single jersey comes with a circular cylinder diameter of 30 inches. The size and the width can truly depend on the type and the reason for using the machine. The fabrics created out of the circular knitting machines are called single-jersey fabrics. Double jerseys use a double-needle arrangement and a dial and a cylinder, which is used to increase the width and thickness.
- Flatbed Knitting Machine: These machines curate and create flat pieces. Knitting lovers and passionate knitters usually use this machine. Flatbed knitting machines come in manual, computerized, or punch-card operated forms. The automatic ones work quicker because they include electronic sensors that work the needles. Punch card machines help create different and unique designs.
What are the different creations you can design with the knitting machines?
Knitting machines are quite useful and help craft and curate a variety of designs. Different knitting machines yield varying results and products. Some of the designs you can create are sweaters, coats, suits, socks, stockings, scarves, baby clothes, and other garments.
These are some of the best knitting machines in the world. Other brands offer these machines, but the functionality and purpose of the knitting machines make them great.
No matter the reason for using knitting machines, the brands provided above are quite trusted in their niche. These machines come with different functionalities, from a single loom to a long range of knitted fabrics.
Therefore, if you are looking to buy a knitting machine, consider this list of the top knitting machines.