The refractometer is an essential device for any beekeeper or a homebrewer. This device plays a significant role in determining the honey’s freshness and has made our work easier.
Why do we need a Refractometer?
The refractometer helps to determine the water content or moisture in honey. It also helps keep a check on the sugar content, Brix, and Baume of the liquid product. This tool is essential to know the honey’s water content as it determines the honey’s freshness.
It is advised to keep the water content below 20%. If it is more than that, there is a probability that your honey will turn acidic. If the water content is too low then, your honey will crystallize.
After going through different refractometer, we came across the best one. Ade advanced optics Brix refractometer is just a perfect pair for you. In this article, we will highlight why you need Ade advanced optics Brix refractometer and its features.
It will also brief you about how to maintain a refractometer to keep its reading accurate.
What is Ade Advanced Optics Brix Refractometer
Ade Advanced optics is a dual-range refractometer that measures both Brix and the specific gravity. The Brix value range from 0-32%. It is easy to use and shows more accurate readings.
Ade Advanced optics Brix refractometer is a must-have device. Now, let’s discuss its features.
What makes Ade Advanced Optics Refractometer Unique?
Ade Advanced optics Brix refractometer has different features that make it unique. Here are a few elements:
- A refractometer is easy to use the device and is more accurate.
- It has an ATC or automatic compensation temperature installed that makes the device more accurate. This means a change in surrounding temperature won’t affect your reading.
- The metal is made up of a premium optical lens.
- It is portable and handy.
- This device measures high sugar content in maple sugar, jelly, jam, and fruit juice.
- The core body is made up of Aluminium, not plastic, which makes it durable and long-lasting.
- Along with the package, you get a pipette, mini screwdriver, and a user guide.
- It comes with a warranty of two years.
- It is pocket friendly, so no need to worry about the budget.
- You can now replace your hydrometer with Ade Advanced optics Brix refractometer.
- Another unique feature of the Ade advanced optics Brix refractometer is that you can request a custom one.
- It is a durable and long-lasting device.
- A perfect piece for homebrewers.
How to use Ade Advanced Optics Brix Refractometer?
The device is easy to operate and use. You can use it to measure sugar content in beer as well. Now, take a dropper and put a few drops of sample on the prism. Now, you need to hold your refractometer to the light and look through the eyepiece. You can look through the reading for results. The best part about this refractometer is that you don’t have to worry about converting specific gravity to Brix or SG.
This device requires frequent calibration, but the calibration process is simple and easy.
Purpose of a Refractometer
A refractometer performs various functions, and these functions make it a must-have device. Here are a few reasons why buying a refractometer is worth it:
- A refractometer is used by the beverage and food industry to keep a check on the sugar content. This helps in getting an idea about how long the product will stay fresh.
- A gemologist uses this device to identify the gemstones.
- Homebrewers use it to check the sugar and water content.
- It is used in the aquarium to check the salinity of the water.
- This is an inexpensive and effective measure to check the water or Brix content in a liquid.
How to maintain a refractometer?
There are different refractometers, and each refractometer has its uses and purpose. So, choose the refractometer that best suits your need and fulfils your purpose. Please don’t use an alcohol refractometer to check the Brix content as it might show some inaccurate readings.
Keep your refractometer clean and dry, and don’t wash it directly underwater. Please don’t lose any of its connecting parts, and make sure not to drop it anywhere. Besides, avoid making any scratches as it might cause inaccurate readings.
Whether you are a beginner or a professional, Ade advanced optics Brix refractometer is just a perfect device. You can demand a customized refractometer, and it carries a warranty of two years. You can buy this device and operate it on your own. So, don’t waste your time and buy one piece for yourself now.