Beekeeping is more than a job; it is an art of producing honey. There are times when it becomes quite tough and exhausting, but we are fortunate enough to have the best equipment and techniques. One such invention is the Refractometer, which has completely revolutionized the world of beekeeping.
Gone are when we had to worry about water content, moisture content, or nutritional value. As of now, we have a refractometer for our rescue. It is the best technique to measure the right amount of water or nutrient value. We know that honey is the major product while extracting, but along with it, you will find other content like water. So, there are a few things that you should know before extracting honey.
The amount of water plays a crucial role in determining the freshness of honey. If the amount of water is more than 20% then, there is a probability that your honey will soon turn acidic and won’t stay fresh long. Whereas if the amount of water is too less, there is the probability your honey will crystallize. So, the 4422 PAL-22S digital handheld pocket honey refractometer helps to avoid such a situation.
Here in this article, let’s talk about the 4422PAL-22S digital handheld pocket refractometer. It is one of the best tools available in the market.
Here you go!
What is 4422PAL-22S digital handheld pocket refractometer?
The 4422PAL-22S digital handheld pocket refractometer is a portable handheld tool that can measure water content in honey. It has a measuring range of 20-30%. It has a dimension of 109 x 55 x 31 millimetres and weighs 100 grams. This Refractometer is a digital one that requires the only 0.3ml of the liquid to take the reading.
It has a digital display, and you can easily calibrate it using water. The tool will give you the correct reading within three seconds. It is one of the most efficient, effective, and handy Refractometer.
What makes 4422 PAL-22S Digital Hand-Held Pocket Honey Refractometer unique?
Here are the following reasons that make 4422-PAL 22S digital handheld pocket honey refractometer unique and a must-have:
- It is a compact pocket refractometer that is lightweight and quite durable.
- It is simple to use and shows accurate Brix readings.
- This device is used to measure honey’s concentration and keeps a check on the Brix’s e sugar concentration in Fruits and beverages.
- The measurement of this tool is quick and accurate.
- The package contains a refractometer, instruction manual, two AAA batteries, and a durable storage box. It carries a warranty of two years.
- An ATC or Automatic Temperature Compensation with a temperature range of 20-40 degrees Celcius. It ensures that the measurement is accurate.
- This device displays a unit of honey, moisture, and temperature within three seconds.
- It is a pocket-friendly device.
- To clean this device, simply keep it under running water.
- There is an LED-illuminated digital display with an ELI feature.
How to use is 4422 PAL-22S Digital Hand-Held Pocket Honey Refractometer
Before getting into how it works, let’s have an idea about its structure. It has a LED display with ELI technology. Just don’t worry about how to calibrate it as it is factory calibrated. The calibration process of the 4422 PAL-22S Digital Hand-Held Pocket Honey Refractometer is quite simple. If calibration is required, all you need to do is clean off the prism, add water to it, and press the zero key.
For this process, you need to put two to three drops of sample on the prism. Then, press the start key, and a value in percentage will be displayed on your screen. The outer part of the tool is shaped for easy gripping. There is a slope shape area for sample pouring.
Why you need a Refractometer?
A refractometer is one of the most important devices that every beekeeper needs to have. It is quite cheap and is an effective way to know about how long your honey will stay fresh. Apart from that, the refractometer is used in various kinds of industries.
- It is used in the food industry and crop production.
- This device is also used in the health care sector.
- It is also used in the mechanical, chemical, and automotive industries.
- A refractometer has various potential. It is also used in be verifying gemstones and testing liquids.
A refractometer is the need of the present industry. While selecting a refractometer, you need to keep few things in mind like accuracy, handling, processing, and budget. If you are a beginner, then a refractometer is one of the most important devices for you. Besides, you must have good knowledge about the right time of extraction. So prepare yourself with this easy to use the equipment.
A refractometer is not only used in beekeeping or the food industry. It is also used in medicine, drug diagnosis, and laboratories. This device is quite easy to use and is handy. 4422 PAL-22S digital handheld pocket honey refractometer is the first choice of beekeepers in or food and beverage industry. So, buy one piece and change your game of beekeeping.