From Scratch Magazine – April/May Edition

from-scratch-sign-up-now
Enter your email address:

Comments

comments

30 Comments

1. have any decisions been made about being able to purchase the magazine itself other than reading it on line??? I so like to collect magazines about chickens and keep them in my longaberger baskets

• I downloaded it so I can print it out later.

• I can read it just fine on my ipad. I would like to know how you down loaded it to print. Thanks.

2. I agree with Barbara…I would love to get the magazine in print. I too am a collector of magazines. Thank you.

3. Oooh…this time’s magazine is wonderful. I’m with the other two commenters…I would LOVE to have the magazine in print. Hope there are plans for that in the future.

4. I couldn’t agree more with previous comments re: asking if this wonderful magazine will ever be offered as a snail-mail print subscription. I hate reading online, & it’s difficult to a) copy recipes, save interesting ads, etc., etc. Would be MUCH handier to have a permanent hard copy.

5. wow!!! what a great resource. Love it!!!! I would purchase a copy also… as I am a collector of magazines also…. and it shows in my cluttered house!

6. Seems as though we have a bunch of magazine hoarders here because I too love holding the paper stuff in my hands and have piles of magazines I collect. :) I haven’t yet opened my magazine ..I just received it but I’m going to sit down with a cup of hot tea as soon as I get back in from the barn chores and soak it up! I can almost guarantee it will all be worth it!!
    Susie Miele

7. I, too, love the feel of the book or magazine in my hand. What I do is copy off all the stuff that I love and keep it in a notebook. That way a lot of paper is saved from all the magazines that don’t get saved. We just need a way to collect the magazines from those that don’t keep them…and when you get that figured out, let me know!!! …maybe craigslist?

8. I am in love!!!! Another beautifully done magazine. I can’t wait to refer my friends.I don’t mind going paper free so long as I have a way to bookmark or print out the articles I might need.
    Thanks for all of you hard work. Still laughing about having the same name as the editor.
    Melissa J

9. Wow, Wow, and Wow! I can hardly believe it, but this magazine is even better than the premier issue!! Bravo! I loved every single minute – the articles, the pictures, the products.

You have OUTDONE yourselves! Love the magazine, and I’m with the others – I’d buy it in print in a MINUTE!!

10. This issue is awesome! I agree with everyone else, please make a print version. I guess I am old-school, I’d rather hold a magazine in my hand than stare at a screen. Thank you for a great issue, I can’t believe how much information you managed to pack into it! :)

11. A simple THANK YOU will do!. Loved every single page!!!!

12. I always have trouble viewing this on my iPad. I think you sent me a link for the last issue. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

13. I’m a magazine hoarder, too. However, I really prefer digital – in PDF format, so I can download it to my kindle paperwhite. We have to toss a lot of our print mags due to space limitations. But there’s always room for a digital version! We don’t have the fancy iPads/iPods (can’t afford that living frugally off the land!!), so pdf format is always preferred. Last month there was a link to one on box…will this issue be on there, too?

• You can download the PDF by viewing the magazine (select “click to read” above on the magazine cover) and selecting the download icon at the top of the window (there are five icons in circles at the middle top; it’s the second from the left). This will allow you to download the PDF.

14. What a GORGEOUS magazine! Visually stunning. Excellent work. ;-)

15. This issue is so beautiful. Much nicer than many of the print magazines out right now. I just wish this one was in print, I would pay top dollar to have this on my shelf!

16. Ditto… I would definitely loved a printed copy of the magazine to save for reference and re-reading!!

17. Love the mag on my iPad!

18. I was thinking the same. I didn’t know that you could raise goats for fiber. I will have to check into it. We love our goats and are learning to make cheese.

19. I too would love to have it in print. I keep them as reference rather than having to search for this when I need it.

20. OMG!!!!!!! First of all, I LOVE your magazine- I just found it, and have yet to read it all, but I plan to!! As an urban gardener and homesteader, this is PERFECT! Secondly, thanks so much for featuring my scarf in your “For Mom” spread! I was so excited and tickled to see it!!!!!!
    ♥Rose

21. I’m with the others – I’d love a print magazine, too! I keep my magazines and reference them whenever I need to! A magazine I can hold in my hand will get way more read-time from me.

22. Love the magazine! A good read with a lot of great information. Is a pdf still available for the first issue?

23. What a lovely surprise to see my photo of our barred rock rooster featured in your reader photo section! Thank you so much for sharing and for creating such a wonderful, useful publication.

24. Another great issue… I am going to read it over and over :)

25. I so wish this magazine was in print. My mother would love this magazine but she will have nothing to do with computers.

26. I do not get an option to download the PDF on my iPad. :-(

LOVE the magazine!,

27. I love your magazine. And I appreciate the vision of what your doing. However, in you spring issue, the article about goats. You stated that the Alpine dairy goat was the producer of the most milk and in fact that honor belongs to the Saanen. Check with the American Dairy Goat Association. They have all the figures and are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks and keep up the great work.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Hear ye! Hear ye! - [...] Guess whose adorable mug is featured in the new issue of From Scratch Magazine? …
  2. From Scratch Magazine Online | Growing a Homestead - [...] A great online magazine for homesteaders. Have you all checked it out? It’s free. Not sure if they are …
  3. Free From Scratch Homesteading Magazine - [...] April / May issue of “From Scratch” is available to read for free online. This is a digital magazine …
  4. Freebie Friday April 19, 2013 | The Motherload - [...] From Scratch Magazine April/May Edition [...]
  5. Freebie Friday: Starbucks, Depend, Purina, and More! - KingdomFirstMom.com - [...] From Scratch Magazine April/May Edition [...]

Submit a Comment