From Scratch magazine is written by homesteaders for homesteaders. Anyone of any location can submit an original post/article with a homesteader profile for inclusion on the blog or in the online magazine.
- Gardening and Farming
- Animal/Livestock Guides
- Food and Recipes
- Tools and DIY Projects
- Sewing Projects
- American Artisans
- Music and Books
- Beautiful Handmade Products
- Homestead Tours
- Homeschooling Information
- Blogger Profiles
Why Contribute to From Scratch Magazine?
From Scratch is about engaging the homesteading community with beautiful imagery, helpful information and heartfelt inspiration. If you are a guest contributor on the blog a biography and link back to your website will be included in the blog post.
If you write for the online magazine your work will be featured among the top producers of homesteading information in the United States. You will receive a link back to your website and receive byline credit. Your contact information will also appear on the contributors section of the website.
Find out more about our contributor benefits here.
- Use the topic list to create original work that appeals to the homesteading audience.
- Provide practical information that helps readers solve a common problem.
- Outline projects that help Homesteaders improve their life by saving time and money.
- Submit recipes that you know will be hits at the next potluck.
- Use your own life experience to provide USEFUL information!
- Accompany your submission with high quality photographs.
How to Submit:
- Send your submission in Microsoft Word format.
- Each submission should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with From Scratch Magazine Submission in the Subject line.
- Send a high resolution photo of yourself.
- Send a link to your blog or website.
- Keep your article between 700-1500 words.
Every submission is considered. Please expect 7-10 days for a response.